Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The tranformation is complete

For those of you who haven't seen us in a while, there have been a few changes.   One of us has decided to let his hair down (literally).   Last year, when we were on the boat for almost 9 months, Joe somehow neglected to get a haircut.   Eventually, I realized he wanted to have a ponytail by the time his daughter and family visited us in the Bahamas.   They visited in February and he was a bit shaggy by then but alas, no ponytail.  I dragged him to my hairdresser in Doylestown when we got home last summer for a "trim" however, once Joe sets a goal, not much gets in his way.   So just recently, he achieved the goal of becoming a pony-tailed cruiser!    I have to wonder what is next (an earring?   a tattoo?  a parrot?).  If the guys at work could see him now.   And for those of you who have been teasing him (calling him "hippie", "freak" etc.); thanks for the support but in reality it just egged him on!  Interesting because I get a VERY short haircut (called boat-hair) when we travel because it is more convenient and the shorter my hair gets, the longer Joe's gets.   Actually, I love the new look-very salty!   Who'd have thunk it?

3 comments:

  1. add a few pounds, put him in a red suit, hook up some raindeer to the boat, you'll be in the Bahamas in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is this man and what have you done to my father?
    Seriously, the boys got a kick out of it and now want to grow their hair long ~ Thanks!
    I just convinced Kennan to cut his hair short, now he wants to grow it again...
    Saw the end of the Navy game, I say Navy because who is Army again? (oh that's right the LOSERS!) and was thinking of the phone calls and emails that must have been flying!YEA NAVY!
    MISS YOU GUYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas matey time for the ear ring and an eye patch to complete the ensemble.

    ReplyDelete